Saturday, April 16, 2005

All quiet in the front

I got sick during class today. It is the way my body found to say that I have to slow down a bit. I try to respect its apparent will and spent hours lying down, hoping to feel any better. I had already decided that I would spend this particular weekend doing as little as I possibly could. I don't feel sociable at all, so I had already decided to bail out of the birthday luau for one of my co-workers. This won't help improving my popularity in the newsroom, I fear. But I am all about silence and quiet today. Even the every day noises seem to be too loud: the kids on the fourth floor seem to be shrieking with the help of microphones.I don't want to talk, I don't want to answer the phone, I don't even want to listen to music.


Yes, I am hiding from the world. What I need today, I don't think I can get from the outside world, like some gentleness, some quiet warmth and coziness.  I have enough thoughts in my head to keep me highly entertained. Sometimes I wish there was some kind of buttom that we could press to turn thoughts on and off. And maybe another one to turn off things I don't want to worry about anymore or even turn off feelings that I don't care to have anymore. That would be the miracle of technology.


All is quiet in the southeastern front.


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home