Thursday, April 14, 2005

2005 -- a synopsis

I came back from the United States in mid December (that is when a year starts for me).


I found out that my eldest son had flunked seventh grade and had to do it all over again.


I had a minor battle with my ex over my kids' s school lives.


I spent Christmas with my whole family, in the countryside, with all the good and bad it entails.


My secretary's husband was murdered on the day before New Year's Eve, and a friend's husband is still gone without trace, possibly dead after being kidnapped.


My grandmother got sick, very sick.


I won a friend for life.


Someone I really liked stopped liking me.


My daughter had highlights done to her hair. She looked beautiful to me, but the rest of the family freaked out.


I got severely depressed.


I had to work producing new material for my book like a crazy woman, and started doing a graduate course on Contemporary History with classes every Saturday.


My ex husband decided to reduce his financial support for the kids and disappeared from sight for three months.


My grandmother died.


Joana, my right arm, had to move away to the Northeast of Brazil. (She called us early today to say that her furniture just arrived and to wish Belle a happy birthday).


My life turned upside down, but it was all so messed up before that the change was healthy.


I am involved in the renewal of an apartment, and about to change neighborhoods. My new home looks beautiful in the architects' drawings.


I lost 11 pounds. I run three miles four times a week, but I had to quit pilates which I loved.


My Jewish godchild had her second child. I have to go to Sao Paulo to visit them. Her eldest has my daughter's name. The boy came a bit early, but expected on my daughter's birthday.


I am counting the days for a blessed break.


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home