One more birthday present!
I was going to the kitchen a few minutes ago, taken by a sudden urge to eat something sweet. As I was leaving back to my room, a large padded envelope caught my attention. It came from the US. Well, I thought, this should be old. But I decided to look closer. Surprise! It was closed. I don't know how long the poor thing stayed on that table. Nobody remembered to tell me that a huge envelope from the US had arrived. It was from Barb, a dear friend from Pensylvannia. I got an Amish country kitchen cloth, a recipe book, and... a Mickey birthday pin! And of course, the sweetest card. I loved it all. This was a different birthday, the one this year. Maybe I wasn't feeling the best that I could, but I got so many demonstrations of attention and care from friends, that my mood really changed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home