Library labyrinth
Imagine me walking around with a huge pile of books in precarious equilibrium. I navigate blindly around a cluttered library room. All those volumes don't really allow me to calculate my next step. I know well that tripping over a chair or stumbling on the carpet is just a matter of time. And to make things worse, I am naturally clumsy. If someone call my name from behind my back, I will instinctively turn and lose my balance.
There are moments when it seems that I am close to the safety of a tabletop where I can let the books rest and rest myself too. So far I have been mostly mistaken, the resting place was never as close as it looked at first sight. Or if it was close by, it was already taken by piles of old magazines, envelopes, office supplies left caressly. On the other hand, there are moments in which I manage to put one of the volumes on the top on the proper place of the shelf. My pile has got a little smaller over the days. The problem is that I still have to carry encyclopedias and dictionaries, and they are heavy. If I let them fall, I can be seriously hurt.
So I try to keep my pile of books well balanced, while I walk in circles down the aisles, a labyrinth formed by bookshelves, in the largest library of the world.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home