One fine day
One fine day, I will take a cab to work as I do everyday, and there will be no red lights all the way. The policeman around the corner will smile, and nobody will be afraid as he waves us by. It could happen one fine day.
The sun will be warm without being hot. The wind will be cool, without being cold. All the children in town will just play and go to school. The sidewalks will be just for the passersby. No one denies that this could happen one fine day.
And then, the words I say everyday will be heard all the way. A yep will be yes, and a no will be nay. Life will be an open book with large printed letters, no need to read between the lines, no need to hide, no high price to pay to be true. You know, it could happen, it could really happen one fine day.

5 Comments:
Lovely, it sounds like a song!
reminds me of 'god of small things'..have u read the book? it's written by arundhati roy. she wrote a few other books. she's an indian author who lives in the States and writes book...of course:))))
bibi, some time ago I posted an entry called "The god of small miracles". I had never heard about the book you mentioned. A few days later, there I was in a book store and I find that book called... "The god of small things". I haven't read it, but I am pretty curious.
the agony of waiting for that one fine day...
okay, patience is a virtue right...
and it does sound like a song... try your luck composing one...
i remembered yr post - the god of small miracles and i thought u were inspired by the god of small things. i think u should read it. it's not bad...beautiful in its own way. it will give u an understanding on the colonial india.
Post a Comment
<< Home