Simple joys
This was another busy, busy wednesday. I have succeeded so in remaining firmly anchored to the ground that I am missing my daydreams. It was a day of small pleasures: a good pilates workout, a letter from a friend, new earrings for myself, slightly warmer weather, clear skies, and tasks fulfilled. Maybe this is what happiness is all about. Little joys rolling like beads on a string, not a life changing earthquake.
The things I want today are simple. I want to laugh out loud, and be silly, talk about books and movies and plans. Yes, I would like to have the kind of plans that you detail so much that the planning itself becomes half the fun, an expectation of good things to come, new possibilities. I would like to count the stars and have someone to show me constellations, and tell me the stories of their names. I feel like singing in the shower.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home