Thursday, August 12, 2004

On the mend

Work was nonstop today. I sat on my chair after lunch and rose again to go home around 9 pm, my head buzzing, just to discover that it was raining again, and that the temperatures were falling rapidly. I wonder how I am supposed to come up with new and creative story ideas when I barely have time to leave my desk and grab a cup of espresso on the machine. My body still feels the effects of the sinus and flu, and all I really wanted for this weekend would be a chance to lie on bed till late and generally vegetate. Unfortunately, the kids' midterm exams start on Monday and I will have to help them study, which means, I will have to spend a long amount of time convincing them to sit and read. As my mom's birthday is on Saturday, there will be the mandatory family lunch. I have little hope that on Sunday, my birthday, there will be any time left for anything but studying. I would love to kick away all kids' textbooks and take them somewhere fun instead. But the three of them are badly in need of better grades this trimester.So we will study. I am not really complaining about that. I guess this is a part of a mom's job description.

4 Comments:

At August 13, 2004 at 4:39 AM, Blogger Leopard Sushi said...

I'm on a short mid-term break.. and in denial about the pile of work accumulating waiting for the inevitable Monday to bite me.

*hate hate hate*

Your birthday's on the 15th-- you're a Leo!

 
At August 13, 2004 at 1:22 PM, Blogger MidlifeCrisisDolmat said...

This may be a little early, but I have a knack for not remembering birthdays when I'm supposed to. So before I forget, I'd like to wish you HAPPY BIRTHDAY, madam...^__^

 
At August 13, 2004 at 10:07 PM, Blogger ビビ said...

another leo's gonna be celebrating her bday...yippie yippie...

just for the record...i dont really have time to sleep late and vegetate anymore since my bro is always back from campus almost every weekend.

 
At August 13, 2004 at 10:11 PM, Blogger *cosmic freak* said...

I guess everyone is feeling sick from Malaysia to all the way across the globe to Brazil...

its good that you study with your kids... you are a very excellent mom fitting the job description...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home