A day in the life
I am totally distracted. Being offline the whole day has this amazing power over me. I feel lost in the jungle, disconnected from the rest of mankind. Yes, I am probably overreacting. The story goes like this. My company changed the contract with the tellecomunications corporation that takes care of our connections to the internet. The new one is cheaper, but it is not providing a good service. Even our e-mail, which usually remained workable under all kinds of circumstances, has been failing. Right now when I am doing a work that depends basically on messages and internet research. To add to the drama of the situation, our aging 166 computers have started to show signs of decay too. I basically spent the whole day trying to type in slow motion. It was not productive at all. I was so upset, that I left the office stormily around 7pm, which is early for our standards, to do internet research at home.
Yes, I am probably overreacting. After a long dark spell, things seemed to be moving gently as they should. In my mind, I hope that everything works smoothly from now on. No more arguments. No more threats. No more misunderstandings. No more excessive demands from others and from myself. I would like to slide down through the next months quietly, with not too many shakes and rattles. I want life to caress me a little, to pamper me a lot, to lavish me with the warmth of the sun. Some indulgence would certainly be appreciated. Of course, this is a childish ambition. Missing things for a nick of a second is a part of life. You miss the bus. You miss a meeting you were longing to have. You miss a chance. And it is all in a day's work.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home