Colors
My head has been filled with daydreams today. It is probably the best I can do to escape from the fact that this will be a month of work. Imagination-less, bureaucratic, detailed work that will keep me glued to my desk for hours during weeks. I miss my freedom. I miss the outside. The one thing I like about my profession is that it allows me to see new faces and places most every day. Not now, for a while at least. Between one phone call and the next, I wondered why the clouds sometimes run so fast in the sky. Why the sea changes color so unexpectedly, from blue to green, from green to grey, and back again? Why do some stars appear to be distant and cold? There is no sadness today. But my newfound harmony is still a small glass figurine, the tiniest china doll in the world, that I want to cuddle and care with fairy fingers so it will never break. It is a crystal the size of a grain of sand that reflects the sun and projects a rainbow in my heart. I want to share it. Nobody would want a rainbow only for himself or herself. A rainbow is color meant to be shared. But it is hard to show hues made up by a light that no one else sees. And my soul turns purple, orange, blue, red, green, yellow and purple again. Like a neon sign imprisioned inside.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home