Saturday, October 02, 2004

Hiccups

My connection has got hiccups today. It's been most ennervating. Every five minutes or so (at best), I lose sign. Then I have to wait and reconnect, authenticate, etc... I have had long spells in which communication has been totally impossible, and that makes me feel sad beyond words. It might sound silly, I know. But these are the times in which I feel like the only goofy in the Southern hemisphere. No, this is not a pity party for the stranded sister of the Tropics. I should be keeping myself busy doing other things. Maybe reading the papers. Well, but internet keep me updated about news. I am a news sites freak, travelling from the Brazilian services to CNN, Orlando Sentinel, New York Times (I am a subscriber), and last but not least, the Weather Channell.

What about watching a movie? The problem is I have watched one today. And it is here the place I go to tell everything about what I have just seen. I enjoy posting my reviews on the boards, commenting the movies on chat, writing about them on my blog and so on. Being computerless equals being voiceless for me. Can you imagine what torture is for a storyteller to be voiceless?

So here am I, enjoying this fleeting minutes of connection to the world to say that I am really sentimental today. Being with a faulty connection just make me miss you all more and more.

2 Comments:

At October 3, 2004 at 5:55 AM, Anonymous Sam Byrne said...

Well how frustrating - I too feel as if my right arm has been cut off when my PC plays up as it is such a link to so many of my friends.

But OMG a Storyteller without a voice this cannot be allowed !! So I am sending massive good PC vibes to you along with the regimented pixie dust.

Miss you but we'll soon be on those ocean waves together :-)

 
At October 3, 2004 at 7:44 PM, Anonymous Livia Almeida said...

I really wonder what happened, bc today broadband is working fine (knock on wood). But now, I have a dial up connection to use if all else fails.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home