Chocolate
I am home nursing a cold. It is chilly and rainy. And all of sudden, I felt that absolutely intense craving for chocolate. It is true, I am on a diet, for I need to lose ten pounds before summer. But mine is a guiltless craving, for the stuff I long to taste is virtually unattainable here. Brazilian chocolate is nothing but a pitious imitation of real chocolate, a misrepresentation. It is too much paraffin for too little cocoa. Our bars are thin, sweet and almost tasteless. And I would die for a bite on a creamy, dense, thick slab of real chocolate, the one the advertisings and the menus usually describe as decadent and luscious.

2 Comments:
Reading this journal entry has created my own craving for chocolate. I will soon find myself in the kitchen whipping up a batch of chewy "decadent" brownies.
Yummy, yummy,yummy.
Chocolate craving is not exclusively a girl thing. It is chemical. In fact, the kids usually tuck away their chocolates in the fridge to avoid that their visiting father attack their bars. So here is the proof that it is not just a chick issue. Men are subject to it too. At least those who have sophisticated tastebuds, and sensitive souls.
Post a Comment
<< Home