The idle heart
They say the idle mind is the Devil's workshop. But I have never heard anyone profess the risks of an idle heart, which is something I can discuss minutely. For my mind has seldom been idle these years. There is work, kids to raise, bills to pay, checks to write. On the other hand, my heart has been idle for too long and this can be a very dangerous thing.
I can't talk for the world, I just can talk for myself. I live on dreams. I feed on places I am still going to see, deeds I am still going to do, my children following their own footsteps, growing, graduating, marrying, providing me with grandchildren. Don't worry, I live time enough in the present, but the hopes and dreams send a spark to my days, and that is when an idle heart becomes a very dangerous thing.
My idle heart had been long accustomed to be busy and gainfully employed. It doesn't thrive on this present emptiness. It doesn't enjoy peace and quiet. It doesn't get used to it. It dreams dreams of its own, that have no relation to reality. At first, I took these dreams for reality. I would take them pretty seriously, believing to be falling in and out of love with the ease of someone that hums a tune or another. No, it was not easy. I would fancy a feeling for someone who just talked to me and treated me gently, for someone who opened a door and didn't slam it later, for someone who crossed a street in an impatient pace. And the lack of materiality, of course, always led me to heartbreak. And heartbreak, even fictious, is always a dangerous thing.
I've learned to recognize the self created dreams. I've learned to let them breathe and fly, and to keep them at a safe distance. I can examine them and even say to myself convincingly: "These are not real. These are just the creation of an idle heart". It is healthier, I guess, but I haven't become happier in the process. I find that being rational, balanced and sane in this aspect is a very tiring business, even a boring one, nevertheless necessary. Once in a while, I allow myself to wear those rose-colored glasses for the briefest time, but then I am filled with guilt. Why should I at this time of life still need to keep my heart busy? Why does this emptiness seem to weigh so much? Where does love go when it is gone?
Thinking, wondering, is the doorstep to fantasy. And fantasy, to an idle heart, is always a dangerous thing.

1 Comments:
Dear friend, I am not sure if I have already sent that to you, but I believe it is worth reading...
Remember also, as you go through the text, this enchanted phrase from Walt Disney : "Never let your fears stay in the way of your dreams"
Luv. Carla.
Aprendendo a viver seus sonhos
Porque será que muitas coisas em que acreditamos chegam ao fim? Acreditamos na felicidade eterna e, muitas vezes, ela não passa de um pequeno tempo. Tempo suficiente para deixar uma saudade infinita...
Quando os nossos sonhos se acabam, fica um vazio imenso! Uma vontade de parar... de desistir de tudo... É um período difícil, em que os dias, as horas, e até os segundos são longos. Não conseguimos progredir. Falta vontade... falta motivação. Nos fechamos para tudo e para todos como se nada importasse. Nada tivesse algum valor...
Na maior parte das vezes, aquilo que pode nos trazer dor é não sabermos conviver e nem nos comunicar bem; é o perfeccionismo que atrelamos ao sucesso de nossas relações, afetivas ou não; é achar que temos poder sobre a vida das pessoas que convivem conosco; é acreditar que nós somos especiais, de tal forma que, ninguém tem o direito de nos trair, aborrecer, desobedecer ou nos deixar; é querer moldar o outro à imagem que temos do ideal procurado; é não termos auto-conhecimento, nem auto-estima; é pensar que a nossa felicidade se encontra fora de nós.
Até que um dia um novo sonho começa a dar o ar de sua graça. Vem chegando de mansinho...
tentando abrir os cadeados do nosso coração. Estamos trancados, com um enorme medo de sofrer de novo, mas mesmo assim, o novo sonho vem chegando. Trazendo na mala todo um menu de possibilidades de como tornar o “hoje” gratificante, nos mostrando um outro sentido e nos oferecendo uma nova motivação na vida...
E como todo novo sonho, é regado de novidades que fascinam, mexendo com emoções adormecidas, despertando as maiores paixões e sensações incríveis. Trazendo de volta, a emoção de viver, amar, recomeçar! Nesta hora, quando tudo ressurge, podemos avaliar melhor a vida. Temos que transformar cada pequeno instante, em grandes momentos... Sem lamentações pelo que já passou, apenas tirando a experiência das coisas e dos fatos.
E se estes sonhos estiverem nas nuvens, tanto melhor... eles estão no lugar certo!
Eles são os alicerces para que possamos começar a namorar a vida, sem medo de viver e ousar...
Viver é muito importante! Agradecer o dom da vida é mais legal ainda! E ser feliz por si mesmo, é o melhor de tudo. Ter alguém para compartilhar essa felicidade então, é uma dádiva.
Nunca desista de ser feliz!...
Post a Comment
<< Home