Dinosaur at large
Lucky, the dinosaur, is a technological prodigy. It is an animatronics creature that walks around Dinoland, at the Animal Kingdom, pulling a cart filled with greens, probably its salad lunch. The sweet loooking dino moves on its own, interacts with the audience, making dinosaur sounds (whatever that is supposed to be ;-) ). I confess that I was a bit distraught watching the formidable reptile, plodding around with a somewhat subservient air, apparently doing some effort to pull the cart. I am not sure of how the animatronics work, but I suppose that there is some kind of mechanism in the cart. I would have been happier if Lucky had been roaming free of its load, and behaved a little wilder. In a twisted way, it reminded me of people who do the same kind of backbreaking job, especially in Asia. I think it is a tad curious and ironical. that the incredible creature will travel to Hong Kong by the end of July. So those who can go to Florida before then should definitely make an effort to take a good look at Lucky.
I was watching Lucky go by at a scorchingly hot day at the Animal Kingdom. I love the feel of the place, its landscaping, the architectural details. But it is probably not the best choice for a very warm and muggy summer day. There are not many indoor attractions, and getting into the shops for a cool down time is a necessity. I was still tired from our late night at the Magic Kingdom, and I felt I was dragging as we crossed the gates around 9 am. We, meaning Dayna, Lisa and I, ignored the Extra Magic Hours. Crowdwise, it was not bad at all. Around noon, we met Bob and went for lunch at the Flame Tree Barbecue. Around 2 pm, I realized I could not go further and went back to the hotel to seriously cool down. As I walked through Africa, I saw some kids playing at the showers located just outside Tusker House. I was so hot that I waited till they had it fully opened and let the water fall on me. It was that hot.
Dinner was at the Tangerine Café. It is a counterservice with a difference. I had lamb and chicken in a yogurt kind of dressing, hammus, taboule, and a tangerine daiquiri. Then the four of us went for a boat ride around the lake. The evening was golden, but I felt my heart heavy for some serious packing awaited for me in the hotel. I realize that it is not the departure day that leaves me down. It is the day before departure.

1 Comments:
Truer words were never spoken. I like AK but it was HOT!
Post a Comment
<< Home