Friday, June 10, 2005

Wishes

I am almost past quacking. I was released earlier from work without having to fall on my knees and beg. I just asked my she-boss after lunch if there was something really important they wanted me to do this afternoon, while my head was totally devoted to something else. She just laughed and said that she didn't even expect me to be there at all. Great! If she had told me that a few days ago, I wouldn't have to hurry like a lost soul to the salon in the wee hours of the morning, after spending most of the night quacking and trying to pack everything. And I mean everything.


So I am home, packing is done. I have time enough just to wish good things. I wish I am going for a treat. I wish I am going to meet a few dear friends. I wish those good friends are as pleased to see me. I wish there are blue skies. I wish I can do something new and exciting. I wish the sun is just warm enough for me to get a good suntan. I wish the air conditioning is just cool enough so I don't freeze like a penguin when I am indoors. I wish the flight is smooth and eventless. I wish I can sleep through it and miss the showing of Winn-Dixie. And like Barbra would say, no clouds are allowed to rain on my parade.


I hope one day I can leave for a trip that will take me to all of you, and that we will all be laughing together as we only do in those special occasions. I love you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home