Sunday, October 03, 2004

Ten Things to do Before I die

There was an article about that on a newspaper here, weeks ago. They asked famous people about ten things they would like to do before dying. Though I don't plan on kicking the bucket just yet, I did my own private list. Some of you might know it, but I decided to post it here so I can remember those important items. Feel free to think of your own list and post it here if you wish.

1) Learn how to drive
2) Learn how to tap dance or ballroom dance and have a true Ginger Rogers moment
3) I would like to leave on a road trip, maybe across a continent, bringing along with me no calendar, just what fits in a suitcase. And discover that happiness doesn't take much room.
4) I want to read all the Harry Potter books, and also see the finished novels of a friend
5) Snow. I wish to see snow again and make a snowman with a carrot for nose
6) I long for mountains. Really high ones, covered in white at the top. I want to go up there and say commonplace things, for instance, that everything looks so small and unimportant from the top. And I wish to get close to a volcano and watch rivers of lava from a distance.
7) It must be lovely to get flowers from a guy, maybe orchids or roses. I never did.
8) I want to see my children finding their way in the world, discovering things that they love to do. I want to be a grandma surrounded by grandchildren and spoil them to death
9) I want to learn how to write better, with surgical precision. And choose the right words at the right time.
10) I would like to go to sleep and wake up every day in a place where I could be reasonably safe, and where I wouldn't need to worry constantly about bad things happening to the ones I love.

3 Comments:

At October 5, 2004 at 2:19 PM, Anonymous Emma Jenkins said...

Its taken me a while to get it down to 10, and Im sure there are many other things that I should of included but didnt. But here you go anyway.

1. Go ice-skating in Central Park at Christmas time.
2. Stay at the Burj Al Arab hotel in Dubai.
3. Run the London marathon.
4. Have singing lessons and sing solo in front of an audience.
5. Go to watch the Grand Prix in Monaco.
6. Learn to play the piano.
7. Write and publish a children's book.
8. Swim with manatees
9. Design and build / property manage my dream home.
10. Learn to live for the future and not in the past.

 
At October 5, 2004 at 8:26 PM, Anonymous Livia Almeida said...

I want to see your children's book, Emma!

 
At April 30, 2005 at 1:47 PM, Anonymous Dayna S said...

I'm really late on this, but better late than never. Livia, I am more than willing to teach you how to drive and take a road trip with you. In fact, we could combine the two, but if we do the continent needs to be one I'm familiar with driving on. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home