Naughty
I am sorry, mother
I played with knives, and I cut my finger, like you said I would.
I soiled my dress, like you said I would
and I have no one to play with me today.
and no corner safe enough to sit and cry.
and the only place I have left to go is that lightless hole where all the bad girls end up.
I follow the dark and crooked path, like you always said I would.
There were so many times I tried to talk to you
I tried to explain myself,
show myself on the best light possible, so you could love me
But it was too hard for you, you love perfection
I never strived for perfection
I never attempted to be a blonde, curly haired child with eyes shining with perpetual innocence.
Even when I was truly innocent, I knew that innocence couldn't last, and that eventually I would pay a price to be wise.
I paid it, mother, with my eyes dry.
I fell in love several times and broke my heart, like you said I would.
I wrote too many words, and ended up with no one to play, like you said I would
I travelled the world, and lost my sense of being at home in my country, like you said I would.
Though there is no shoulder left to cry on, nor lap, nor safety belt
I am alive, mother
I am alive

2 Comments:
hello madam...
I haven't been dropping by your blog and my apology on that matter, but the last entry makes me think about my own relationship with my mom.... how hard it is between us, at the end of the day, there can only be good positive things I can think of her and I would just cry if she's not by my side (yeah, am a spoilt brat)....
btw, I changed my url to http://cosmicabyss.silent-echo.org... I hope you'lll change it in your links....
take care....
somebody once said that God could not be everywhere so he invented mothers.isn't it so very true though?i love my mama.sure,there are times when we bicker and don't get along.sometimes i feel as if she were an intruder,someone who doesn't have the sense to mind her own business.
but when the whole world turns to crap,there is no one who i want to run to but my mom.and sure enough she is always there in the corner with a bucket and a sponge,a needle and thread,or her hugs and kisses to make everything right again...
Post a Comment
<< Home