The rain has just stopped, but the wind still whipping through the window. I feel lost as the soul of Catherine Earnshaw, cursed by Heathcliff to roam the moors homeless for twenty years.
You know, I never got around finishing Wuthering Heights...I think I only got to the part where Lockwood just discovered Catherine's writings...Ah well, I'll finish it up eventually...
shahriman, Wuthering Heights is one of my favorite books. I read it first when I was a teen, and I hated. I was not prepared to relate to those impassionate characters, not one of them exactly the prototype of virtue. Years later, I gave the book another chance and was entranced by the writing of Emily Bronte, all that intensity, nature reflecting the moods and the wildness of those lost souls. In the world of today, when everything seems to be relative, or toned down, it is fascinating to glimpse an universe of absolute feelings, raw emotions.
i love wuthering heights. one of my fav books as well...btw, shahriman...i owe u cryptonomicon. one of these days we'll have a blogger convention and i'll pass it over.
3 Comments:
You know, I never got around finishing Wuthering Heights...I think I only got to the part where Lockwood just discovered Catherine's writings...Ah well, I'll finish it up eventually...
shahriman, Wuthering Heights is one of my favorite books. I read it first when I was a teen, and I hated. I was not prepared to relate to those impassionate characters, not one of them exactly the prototype of virtue. Years later, I gave the book another chance and was entranced by the writing of Emily Bronte, all that intensity, nature reflecting the moods and the wildness of those lost souls. In the world of today, when everything seems to be relative, or toned down, it is fascinating to glimpse an universe of absolute feelings, raw emotions.
i love wuthering heights. one of my fav books as well...btw, shahriman...i owe u cryptonomicon. one of these days we'll have a blogger convention and i'll pass it over.
Post a Comment
<< Home