Greetings from the South Pole
Oh yes. It is still raining in Rio de Janeiro. And very cold for our standards. I woke up shivering, and stayed a long time under my comforter taking courage to face the cruel world. Because the world can only be described as cruel when you breath and see smoke coming out of your mouth and nose in Rio. After all, weeks ago I was celebrating the sun walking around the lake in shorts and tank top, and getting a tan. Since then I realized this is really winter, the season we are supposed to be introvert and miserable most of the time. Today, to make things worse, I discovered I had a fever. That explained why no blanket in the house seemed to be enough to make me feel warm again.
No surprises here. I saw it coming. Children of the tropics are not meant to live in the South Pole for long. We crave for some warmth, and when it does not come in time, we wither and die.

5 Comments:
You know, it's raining on this part of the world, too. But at least it's not as cold. Sometimes the rain even feels warm.
And I ended up sipping a hot cup of coffee with an acquaintance: Myself dripping wet, while she is not particularly wet because she had covered herself with my coat when we were trudging through the rain.
And I hope you do get well soon, madam.
Thank you, Shahriman. Luckily, I chose the right week to have a sick day, bc work is really slow. So I can stay home under the blankets, drink coffee too, and not feel guilty about doing nothing. And I am truly impressed. Borrowing your raincoat for a friend. You are a true gentleman. ;-)
heh...senora..u have to meet shahriman to know what a true gentleman he is. sometimes it makes me sigh..i already have a bf... :))))
Madam,
I am a sucker to wet weather. Where I am at, the rain brings out the worst of the city - the smell of the sewers rising up from the depths of the underworld. I hate the rain. But I hate the sun even more: why is the sun able to tan others but not me? What wretched curse!
Here is the same, Sarah. We had a landslide on Sunday bc of the rain, and the traffic is the pits. The streets got flooded too. We had more rain these days then we were supposed to have the whole year. Winter here is usually pretty mild, with sunny days, and the best weather for outings. Summer is scorchingly hot.
Post a Comment
<< Home