Thursday, July 22, 2004

Perfect Blue

I finally managed to get a good night's rest. I had this sudden inspiration when I awoke a few hours before dawn, shivering. "Get another comforter!". I got one from the depths of my closet, and that did it. I felt warm for the first time in a week. The thing is that we never get this kind of cold here. Never. So my brain is not prepared to grasp that fast the concept that two comforters may be needed at times. It is funny how we here were not programmed to believe in the existence of something called "low temperatures". Most of us think cold is nothing but a cute invention like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.
Just to change my tune a little bit, it was sunny this morning. Then it rained. And it was sunny again. And it rained again. And it was sunny. And... Now, as the sun sets, the sky across the bay look that pure kind of blue that you only get after a string of rainy days, as if the heavens were sparkling clean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home