Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Pandora's box of questions

I could talk of concrete stuff today, of how the cat jumped out the window and how I recovered it. I could talk of how I spent a perfectly useful day writing about a chef from France who moved to the tropics and discovered exhotic fruits and spices. But today of all days, I came back home tired and I started to nurse a pet pain of mine and ask a lots of whys. Whys are tough to make because most of the times they are questions that have no answers. Better, they are questions whose answers don't belong to the one who makes them.


Why do some simple questions stay unanswered?


Why does something good turn to be sad?


Why do we break things we can't mend?


Why can't we simply forget that which bring us pain?


Why do we protect ourselves against past pain if what we fear is always going to happen under other guise?


Why do we have to pay a high price to say what we think and state what we feel?


Why do we have to flee from people we love and sometimes stick to the ones we hate?


Why do we sometimes use metaphors when speaking directly would be so much easier and time sparing?


Why do we spend so much time feeding imaginary feuds?


Why should we always look for sense on senseless things?


Why should we look for a pattern where there is no scheme?


Well folks, Pandora is done for today. If anyone sees answers on the loose, just grab them and hold them really fast.


 


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home