2005 -- an update
Two of my kids are having problems in school. The oldest, who had to re-do seventh grade all over again, is doing very well, thank you!
My construction is over. The cleaning has begun. My new apartment looks lovely, but I believe I am going to have problems with envious ex-husband once the moving is done.
I have started going out more and had occasion to practice the long lost art of flirting. Boy, I am rusty.
My big boss's dad died, and we were all shocked and worried with the developments
Dorinha, the new maid, seems to be adapting to her new situation. I seem to be adapting to her.
My school project is doing well. I have had good help from our movie critic.
I became a kind of class's pet after I put up a homepage for our post-graduate course (http://seculo20.multiply.com -- it is in Portuguese, but you can look at the pictures if you wish). I have made a few friends in class too, among my classmates and also with the teachers
I have renewed my friendship with people I hadn't seen in years
I think that the person that I really liked and that stopped liking me didn't really stop liking me, but has weird ways to demonstrate
I have never been so short of funds in my life, since my ex-husband don't pay the children support since January.
My doctor thinks I am improving. He believes that the key to my treatment is people.
I still have insomnia.
I have some good days, some bad days, I am still very vulnerable, but I am learning to stand by the things I believe even if it cost me points in popularity with people I love. I am starting to think that if they don't love me for what I am, then they don't love me at all. And that is not my fault.
I have improved my relations with my parents. Grandmother's death seemed to have made mother more pliable.
I have improved my relations with my kids. I feel like we have now a close knit family unit here. For a working single parent, this is quite an accomplishment.
I am still counting the days for my blessed break. I am tired. I want to laugh a lot, be silly, and meet again some of my favorite people in the world.
If you had not the chance to follow my shortcomings and small victories in the first three months of the year, you can find the link here.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home