Thursday, July 29, 2004

Ten things to do before I die

I wrote this list a while ago. I think it was one of my first entries ever. But I decided to bump it up after reading Shahriman's.

 
There was an article about that on a newspaper here, a few weeks ago. They asked famous people about ten things they would like to do before dying. Though I don't plan on kicking the bucket just yet, I did my own private list.

1) Learn how to drive
2) Learn how to tap dance and have a true Ginger Rogers moment
3) I would like to leave on a road trip, maybe across a continent, bringing along with me no calendar, just what fits in a suitcase. And discover that happiness doesn't take much room.
4) I want to read all the Harry Potter books, and also finish the novel of a friend
5) Snow. I wish to see snow again and make a snowman with a carrot for nose
6) I long for mountains. Really high ones, covered in white at the top. I want to go up there and say commonplace things, for instance, that everything looks so small and unimportant from the top. And I wish to get close to a volcano and watch rivers of lava from a distance.
7) It must be lovely to get flowers from a guy, maybe orchids or roses. I never did.
8) I want to see my children finding their way in the world, discovering things that they love to do. I want to be a grandma surrounded by grandchildren and spoil them to death
9) I want to learn how to write with surgical precision. And choose the right words at the right time.
10) I would like to go to sleep and wake up every day with the assurance that I am warm and safe and that nothing bad is ever going to happen to those I love

4 Comments:

At July 29, 2004 at 5:46 PM, Blogger Hadia ( pseudoname) said...

hi
I am hnk, I am iraqi . nice wishes I hope you can do this before you will died .
what I wish to do before I dead is :
to live in iraq a moment that iraq has been saved . I love my country and I want it be free .

and I dont ask any thing accept this
iraqigirl.blogspot.com

 
At July 29, 2004 at 8:48 PM, Blogger Livia de Almeida said...

Thank you for your comment. I think you have made a fair enough wish too.

 
At July 30, 2004 at 12:06 AM, Blogger MidlifeCrisisDolmat said...

You have a wonderful list, Madam.

I applaud your wish of wanting to have a true Ginger Rogers moment. You know, I've seen close up footages of volcanic lava flows from Discovery Channel, and it is something that I'd rather not do. I'd rather have a freezing death than a burning one.

It's beautiful, nonetheless, the things you want to do. I hope that you will be able to do them all eventually, if you haven't already...:-)

 
At July 30, 2004 at 1:58 AM, Blogger *cosmic freak* said...

I love your list... but I love no.8 the most...

I like the thought that I'm a complete person when I can deliver a baby to the world and him/her mine...

and I have spoilt my baby brother and baby sister so much so I afraid my kids or grandkids would get complete life nurturing from me... hahaha...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home