Monday, July 26, 2004

The soundtrack of my life

I am going to try to gather here some of the music that became the soundtrack of my life. In no specific order, just for fun.

1) The Year of the Cat, by Al Stewart: that reminds me of the year I got in college. I am not going to say which was that. Not even under torture.
2) Every Breath You Take, by Police: this is from the time I was living in the UK
3) Bad, by U2: whenever I listen to that I remember a friend who is long gone
4) Don't You Forget About Me, by Simple Minds: this is all about coming back to Brazil after one year in the UK
5) Wish You Were Here, by Pink Floyd: a song for all seasons
6) Lisa Says, by Lou Reed: the good old days of college come back all over again
7) Should I Stay or Should I go, by The Clash: probably a permanent dilemma
8) You're So Vain, by Carly Simon: back to junior high, I am 11 or 12 and I am discovering music
9) Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, by Elton John: the first LP I bought in my life
10) You Can't Always Get What You Want, by The Rolling Stones: another song that seems to come back to my ears frequently
11) Hotel California, by The Eagles: a birthday present from a friend a long, long time ago
12) A Day in the Life, by The Beatles: and I am a teen again
13) White Rabbit, by Jefferson Airplane: I am in college, my best three friends in the world are still with me and we are wild
14) Hunting High and Low, by A-Ha: my first job in a big newspaper. I follow the band around Rio, much to the envy of a crowd of teens
15) Wild is the Wind, by Nina Simone: a song for old and new sorrows
16) Edge of Seventeen, by Stevie Nicks: from the early 80s comes a song for 2004
17) Heroes, by David Bowie: I am back to Berlin in the Cold War years
18) Sweet Child of Mine, by Guns 'n Roses: I am pregnant, expecting my first baby
19) Wild Life, by Talking Heads: the wild 80s all over again
20) Beauty and the Beast, from the Disney movie: for me, simply the most romantic song ever
21) How Soon is Now, by The Smiths: this come from my first times back to Brazil
22) Losing My Religion, by R.E.M.: I am starting this new job (the one I started 13 years ago)
23) Moon Over Bourbon Street, by Sting: I am recently married to the father of my kids
24) Idiot Wind, by Bob Dylan: another one from the time I was in college
25) Dreaming, by Blondie: an old time favorite that made a new sense these days

3 Comments:

At July 28, 2004 at 11:54 AM, Blogger MidlifeCrisisDolmat said...

Dear madam,

I regret to inform you that I shall steal this idea for a blog entry, and will presently post up a similarly-themed entry on my blog.

Thank you. It is a wonderful list.

 
At July 28, 2004 at 1:25 PM, Blogger Livia de Almeida said...

You are very much welcome, shahriman. I am curious to see your list. ;-)

 
At July 29, 2004 at 5:16 AM, Blogger Sarah K. said...

Madam, it's funny, after going through your list and Shahriman's...I am more familiar with the songs in yours. It strikes me as something very strange that we should belong to different generations altogether. I love the oldies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home