Sunday, July 04, 2004

Necklace

I intend to spend Sunday evening quietly in my room, trying to gather my wits. I wish the kids could understand that I need silence, for this is not a small task. The week was nothing but a chain of heavy days. I have been overlooked, forgotten, scolded, shouted at, snubbed, pressured, hurried, laughed at, hurt and ignored all in seven days. It is hard not to surrender to the temptation of drowning in a pool of self-pity. I am tired, and I still have another string of seven days ahead.

One thing I know is that I need to recover my ability to laugh at myself really badly. Second thing, I need to recover my ability to dream. Third and last thing, I need to find something to look forward to. Number two and three, I fear, I will only be able to get back in the long run.

1 Comments:

At July 5, 2004 at 11:03 AM, Blogger Livia de Almeida said...

Kate, I am very happy to have someone reading my blog. I know how you feel about needing to do something creative to get a grip on what is going on around you. I am a single mom of three, and I am pretty sure that you understand what that means. It can be very heavy sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home