Sunday, July 04, 2004

Home on the range

I've got a long trip to the theater to take two of my kids to see the premiere of the latest Disney animation movie. These events used to be more fun. They used to distribute funky gifts and have free popcorn and sodas. These days, all the children got were lollipops. Well, these are hard times. All I could think of as I saw the lollipops was "cutbacks suck". It doesn't really matter. It is an adventure for them to cross town in a hired car (since I don't drive), go to a semi-deserted mall and see a film that they know it is still not showing for all. They had a good time, laughing at bad jokes and a lame storyline. I envy them. I would love to put the cynical critic inside of me to sleep for a while and recover my ability to laugh at silly things like bearded cabaret dancers, yodelling bandits and spunky cows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home