Thursday, July 15, 2004

More about lions

I played with lions today. I chose to do so. I knew the risks, but I ignored them. I disregarded the rules. I fooled myself into thinking they were nothing but kittens, and that if I approached them really softly, they would purr in delight. I don't expect any sympathy. You may be wondering why a person in her rightful mind would play with lions. I don't have any trouble explaining it. The beasts are as fascinating as deadly. Their big yellow eyes seem to reflect deep thoughts. When they are lying on grass, bathing in sunshine, they seem tender and delicate and utterly alone. It is easy to fall under the temptation to befriend such regal creatures, win their trust, teach them how to become vegetarians. Which is evidently a mistake. A lethal mistake. For lions have no hearts.

2 Comments:

At July 15, 2004 at 9:43 PM, Blogger ビビ said...

u've said it best...lions are tempting to play with..a lion is probably like a bad-boy-attitude-and-looks kinda guy. women fall for them all the times thinking that the wild beast in them can be tamed with love so pure and innocent. well, that's just jack-shite. lions are lions, bad boys are bad boys..they hurt u all the same. and, yes...heartless they are!

 
At July 15, 2004 at 9:48 PM, Blogger Livia de Almeida said...

There are many guises of lions, Bibi. Bad boys can be lions indeed. But you can find other kinds. At work scene, associating with some people may be playing with lions. Indulging in daydreams that take you to impossible places may be playing with lions. Trying to be who you are not is definitely playing with lions too. I hope we all recognize our felines and have success in avoiding them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home