Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Short term plans

I am not a very patient person. I hate having to wait for things and people. So I am pretty impatient about moving. I wish it could happen tomorrow. Nay, today. To make time run faster, I started to think on a list of short term plans, doable things that I can fulfill from today to July. Of course, some of these may end up not coming through -- the unpredictable might want to show up and I should allow it in.


1) I want to see my book finally published. It is scheduled for May, 30th. But I know delays are possible


2) I am going to be all teary eyed and emotional on May, 11th. How do I know this? It is Luiz, my eldest son's birthday. He is going to be 15. Enough said.


3) I want to do a special package for Joana, with little gifts and letters from the kids.


4) I am starting the moving operation. I can't wait to see the decorator's project becoming real. There is something really fun to do: I am going to pack all my ex stuff remaining here and send it to his mom's home without further warning.


5) Balanced as a Chinese monk, I shall not lose my temper with the eikel of my ex-husband. Not even allow my neck to get stiff again with tension, should I have another nice little conversation with him.


6) I have to finish writing my first Graduate school assignment and start finishing my book shopping list for June.


7) I am going to try to improve my relations with the ones I love. I will do my best, but I am promising myself not to get sad if it is out of my control to do so. I am not allowing myself to be bossed around by anyone, be it children, ex-husband, family, or even moody friends.


8) I am going to have a wonderful, relaxing trip in June, to my favorite place on earth. I want to laugh a lot, go to the swimming pool, try something that I never did and eat African food at my favorite restaurant.


9) I have to solve my visa situation regarding my right to re-enter the US and the December cruise stops. My American visa expires in August. I still can't believe that I will need visas for Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Haiti too. A seven-day cruise with three different visas? It must be some kind of world record.


10) I will be extremely good and disciplined. I will not let the cool weather here prevent me from jogging. I will go to the gym religiously and continue to eat smartly. By the end of the year (knock on wood), hopefully, I will be doing justice to a Brazilian bikini.;-)

1 Comments:

At April 28, 2005 at 2:22 PM, Anonymous Barb Ott said...

Livia, I love your list. I'm not a patient person either. I want things to happen and I want/need them to happen now. I don't dare make such a list at this point. I see great clouds of disappointment looming in the distance. I don't think I can bear to be heartbroken so many times. Time will tell.
Good luck with your list. I hope you accomplish what you set out to do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home