10 year old paradoxes
I agree with those that say that Belle look quite grown up, especially now, when she is spotting highlights and feeling quite cool about it. But I think that the most fascinating thing about 10 year olds is how contradictory they can be. In one moment, she may be talking about her plans for the future: she wants to be a marine biologist and live in Japan. I am thankful because I am included on her plans: she has decided that she will back my vacations on the land of the rising sun. "But you know the houses there are small, don't you?". She has been struggling with sushi. She wants to be prepared to eat the local food. How sensible can you be?
But on the next moment, well, Belle is the girl who tries to convince me that there is no problem in raising chickens in her room. Or that it is perfectly possible to keep horses in the bathroom. Chickens are her favorite animals, followed by pigs, horses and snakes. She is so fascinated by fish that she usually keeps them out of this list. Right now, she is still getting over the fact that Alfredo, her goldfish, died after refusing food in her father's home. Yes, it is a weird tale. I had never heard of a suicidal fish before. And the last of Belle was starting a collection of stuffed... pigs. So far, she's got only two (one is a Piglet), but she is decided to make it grow.
These are the joys of being the mother of a 10 year old. Hardly a dull moment, I guess. ;-)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home