Thursday, June 24, 2004

My girl

I came home to find weird pink package waiting for me on the dining table. Inside that kind of envelope, sealed with blue bits of tape, there was a gift from my daughter, something hard to describe, made of painted clay. She still likes to surprise me with little gifts and handmade cards, and placing plush toys over my bed to keep me company. She wants to please me in a way that touches me more that I could tell.
A few days ago, I told her that we could go together to one of the school festivities and that I would see her dance and then we would eat corn dogs. But then we learned that the dance will be this weekend, when she is supposed to stay with her dad, and he has other plans. She called me at work, worried because I wouldn't be eating my corn dog. I told her everything would be okay, and that I could get my corn dog some other time. I love her so, and I don't her torn in two while trying to be nice at the same time to her father and mother. I want my daughter to be whole, healthy and happy. Just a ten year old with ten year old worries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home