Orphans of the 80s
One of my best friends just turned 41. At the birthday party, age talk was unavoidable. Since she has a 18 year old who is going to college, and my eldest is just 14, it is obvious that she became older than me. She shrugged, and complained: "Have you seen that? They are talking about a 80s revival! That is a complete absurd. The 80s were just yesterday. I still have jackets with shoulder pads in my wardrobe". This is nothing, I said, we still have an acquaintance who has a boyfriend that spots a mullet.
We agree that it all went by too fast. I see my friend, and I look for the 19 year old girl who was so sure of herself. She still is. But now she calls me in the middle of the night when her daughter doesn't answer the cell phone. Yesterday, we were the ones who kept others awake.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home