New Year's Resolutions
Why wait till the last day of the year?. I have started my list of things "to do", the ones I should be putting in practice as fast as I possibly can.
1) Work to be healthy. This is absolutely top priority. I want to concentrate on improving my health with good diet, exercises, good thoughts, and last but not least, keeping distance from relationships that have a potential to do me more harm than good
2) Find time to do things that I really like. Life is short. There is so much that we HAVE to do. I am going to find time to do the things that I love and that I have been neglecting for many reasons. I want to catch up with my reading, listen to more music, buy a new guitar and play again.
3) Keep religiously in touch with the ones I love. That starts with waking up early and walking my Belle to the school transport. It is a little something that it is important for her, and I am usually still too drowsy to abandon my jammies and go all the way down to the gates. I have a list of people that I don't see for a while, important people to me. We all go busily on with our lives. There must be time for those that care enough for me to remain part of my life for years too.
4) Write daily. Write for me. Not e-mails, nor work matters. Not to anyone else. Write here, write at the blog.
5) Stick to public transport. I hate it, but I can save this way. I am getting used to the subway system again. And it is good to take a long brisk walk in the morning
6) Drink less caffeinated drinks. This is part of #1. But it is so hard, that I think it deserves one chapter of itself.
7) Refrain from stating my thought so much. I pride myself in being transparent. The problem is that in such an imperfect world, I have been exposing myself to others who have not so many good intentions. I can always think whatever I want. Exercising omission may be something healthy
8) Keep my purse organized. This may be more important that it looks. In a town like Rio, to have a wallet organized in case of robberies might be a real lifesaver. If something happens to me these days, I will have to search my purse for the valuables. This can be way dangerous
9) Laugh more at myself. I have lots of reasons for that. Taking yourself too seriously can be a killer. Nobody is perfect. Isolation is the first step to being too sorry for yourself.
10) Try to be more open to people. This is not a resolution. This is a lifelong quest. I thought I should add it here never to forget it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home